Saturday, June 16, 2007

Keeping busy . . .





Yesterday I made a healthy banana bread from a recipe I found a couple of years ago in "Cooking Light". It includes corn oil instead of butter, 2 or 3 bananas and rolled oats (along with the obvious flour, some sugar, baking powder, eggs, etc.). It's delicious. Of course, I've eaten it nearly all by myself so far! Dante is working on the chocolate chip cookies I made with dark chocolate mini chips...the only kind we can find here. They're very yummy, especially made with brown sugar which gives them a bit of a butterscotch taste.



I also have a pizza dough in the bread maker (I run my one from NY through the transformer) and a buffalo mozzarella ready (made from water-buffalo milk, it's got a special tang which I love, wasted on pizza, but it's all I have). Can you tell that two of the things I do to keep busy are cook and then eat? The dough recipe I prefer has 1/2 cup olive oil in it. It's very easy to work with and has a delicious taste. Did I mention I've gained back the 5 pounds I lost while in New York ?

No comments: