Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I got a job!


I was feeling a little funky this month with the start of the school year and me not working. Or was it that the bills here have piled up with workers putting down tile around the house, the materials for said job, etc? Pio's retirement check in US $, while going slightly further than last week, doesn't go as far as we need it to. So when I was once again offered a job that I interviewed for back in March, I accepted it without thinking too much. It is 40 minutes by car from home, teaching Business Engish to pharmeutical company professionals. They all seem like nice people, but after only two days (10-6 or 5 pm) I'm wiped out! Good thing tomorrow is my last day until next Tuesday!! And when will the first check arrive? October 11th, I hope!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Diane,
I hope this works out for you--the commute is difficult, I know. But...maybe you will enjoy the intellectual stimulation. Say hello to Dante and Pio.
Jane

Diane said...

Hello Jane, Actually, I was thinking the commute wasn't THAT bad! It beats going into Rome with the Metro, train and then a bus to get to my doorstep (now I just drive, taking shortcuts through back road, so not even finding too much traffic--though they tell me it will be worse next week when all the kids are back in school). I DO wish I could get books on CD to listen to, or Italian lessons. That's my next mission. Hello to Ken and Casey too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job. I hope it works out for you, always nice to have extra $$ coming in.

Gil said...

Congrats & Good Luck! Seems like a long car commute for Italy but I guess it is better than the long 1.5 hour bus commute that my daughter had when she lived in Florence!

Jennyff said...

Your job sounds great, well done, good to have something new as the season changes Particular congratulations for tracking the Italian drive. Hope you have the obligatory sunglasses and mobile phone.

Diane said...

Thanks all for your comments. Wednesday was much better than Tuesday, and Thursday best of all, so I have high hopes for a good year. Only negative--working until July 24th instead of mid-June as is the usual academic school year.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Hope all is going well with the job :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job and I hope it's going well.

Alex

Diana Strinati Baur said...

Diane, I taught Business English for seven years in Hamburg, Germany, and I can tell you, it is tiring and you really do earn your money!! Congratulations on doing this -- once you get your lesson plans down pat it does become easier -- but there is ALOT of giving involved with teaching, and doing it in a foreign environment is challenging! Best of luck with it and remember to get sleep!