Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SERPENTE!


So, we had a snake--garden variety?--hanging out near the rear foundation of the house this weekend. A few older Italians suggested we kill it, but why? He was outside, after all, and if he can't live in peace there, where can s/he? Maybe it will keep the mice away until we get a cat. (Our neighbor has a kitten all ready for us when we get back from NY in mid-July. ) This one was about 3 feet (a meter) in length and a little thicker than my thumb.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Gaaaaaaaaah! Me no likey serpente.

Diane said...

I have no problem with snakes. Some people, however, react really strongly! Now, talk to me about a mouse munching away in my kitchen...and you'll see a REALLY irrational response EEEEEEEK!

Anonymous said...

Snakes, yikers. I would've moved the snake out further into the yard/garden WAY away from the house. Wouldn't want there to be a chance it decided to pay a visit inside.